- To raise awareness of STAIR of Birmingham and the need for community volunteers among young professionals.
- To raise funds for STAIR of Birmingham and to develop a young professionals donor base by planning and executing a fundraising event
- To recruit volunteers for STAIR of Birmingham.
Prior to consideration for STAIR of Birmingham’s Junior Board, prospective members must submit a Membership Application and attend an interest meeting at a STAIR site.
Once a member of the Junior Board, the membership requirements are:
- Attendance at a minimum of 4 meetings per year;
- Attendance and assistance with STAIR of Birmingham events throughout the year, including but not limited to family dinners and graduations;
- Assistance in raising community awareness and the need for volunteers. This can be accomplished through a blurb in a corporate newsletter, scheduling STAIR to do a presentation with your Alumni group, church Sunday school class or study group, or other professional groups.
- Assistance in planning and executing a STAIR fundraising event hosted by the Junior Board.
- Payment of $75.00 in Junior Board dues by July 1st. $50 of these dues is a tax deductible donation and $25 is used by the Committee for purposes such as food and beverages for meetings.
Along with these 5 requirements, Junior Board members are encouraged to go through volunteer training and to serve as a substitute tutor for an hour or two per month. There are countless ways to help STAIR, such as tutoring, conducting tours at sites, hosting a book drive, and hosting a holiday party for a STAIR site. We hope consider joining our Junior Board.Apply